gainsborough 9.5kw electric shower leaking

Hi,

I have a shower that is leaking from what appears to be an overflow valve of some sort. The leak is from a point halfway down the outlet tube that connects to the shower hose, where there is a 'T'.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Philip

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

This is the model that's in B&Q and screwfix, I would guess. On the outlet there is a plastic T which contains a small rubber ball (about 6mm diam). If the outlet head gets partially blocked (probably by someone holding their hand over the end) then said ball jumps out and the unit then leaks.

If you turn off and remove the cover. You'll be able to remove the plastic outlet component (held by two No.1 posiscrews) and reseat the ball in position.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Absolutely does help, thx.

This is exactly what has happened, but the ball? nowhere to be found.

I have cut down a wine cork and popped that in. shower now works a treat. I will ring gainsborough and try to source a little ball...

Cheers

Philip

Ed Sirett wrote:

Philipj.cosson