Gah...gloss paint

Thanks for everyone's help - save that of "weatherlawyer" who I can only assume uses newsgroups because nobody in the real world can put up with his lack of manners. Everyone else has been extremely helpful.

The paint was Leyland high gloss red base with a few colours added in the shop to give Post Office Red. Since that is a well known brand I suspect it was my lack of stirring properly combined with too much paint- oh well, lesson learnt for next time!

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Yes but the bloody great vibrator needs to disperse pigments. Here we're talking about "soft settle" where the heavier elements may sink during storage but are easily redistributed. If they form a sludge and have to be poked with a stick, that is a sure sign of a lousy formulation

If they're thick, the viscosity should guarantee stability. If not, then again, that's a bad paint.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Well that explains all. Small wonder it's taken so long to dry."Snail mail" red indeed ;-))

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Nice colour that. Acrylics still can't get anywhere near it

Reply to
Stuart Noble