Gaffer tape for warts

Ooh, about 200 deg C?

David

Reply to
Lobster

| > Charm away your warts with a bit of gaffer tape. Replace daily for two | > weeks. Apparently there is some chemical in the glue that warts don't | > like | | If I get a wart, I burn it out with a 5mm tip soldering iron. That works | every time. It stings a bit, but if you get it right, the wart insulates you | from any real pain.

Beware, I inadvertently walked backward into a soldering iron and burned my leg. No problem, I put an elastoplast on it and it healed, but with a raised scar. 20 years later it started itching, so off to the doctor, who sent me to hospital using a *red* form. Month later I got an appointment and they said "it has been there too long, we will have it off". Three weeks later they took it out together with a

*large* chunk of skin. Another appointment and they said "The path lab report says Precancerous changes, if you had waited another five years you would have been in deep trouble" I gave a deep sigh of relief :-) No problems since :-)

Nasty, although all I do is to produce a small blister under the wart, which lifts it off without any permanent scar.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I got rid of several (after years with various gunks) by my GP applying liquid nitrogen. My children were similarly treated for verrucae (is that the correct plural).

I often considered that a soldering iron would be as effective, and no more painful.

Reply to
<me9

Last time I went in for one that had got "agitated" the doc assured me it getting inflamed wasn't anything to worry about then tied it off with a very tight surgical knot, it stung a bit but dried up and fell off just the same, he admitted he just wanted some knot practice ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Duck tape is a brand. Duct tape is similar to gaffer tape.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doesn't work. I had three blackthorn splinters which kept some warts going for a couple of years.

In desperation a couple of months bak I opened them up with a bloody scalpel, (one of my aeromodelling sort) and eventually dug out two dust specks of something black.

They SEEM to be going down and fading away.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll remember that.

I used to use caustic pencils, but they banned them..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think you're all barking... as mad as Sir Ranulph "I amputated my own fingers" Fiennes ()

David

Reply to
Lobster

Works fine for me.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I've had that with bits of swarf - I've found that if you can gently pry the warty bit away from the surrounding skin for a few days it will eventually stand out enough to rip it out by the root with tweezers. Painful and bloody but it does the job.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Anyone done a D-I-Y hip replacement or plastic surgery as yet;?.....

Reply to
tony sayer

Wooosh !

Reply to
PeTe33

There was that doctor who did a D-I-Y caesarean...

Reply to
Bob Eager

.. not to mention what this guy did....

Andy Hall

Or even `Ducked Ape'. I hadn't thought of that. Hmm.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

after reading this?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Cant be proper warts then :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Aren't those tonsils?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"nightjar .uk.com>" Nasty, although all I do is to produce a small blister under the wart, which

The thing is there are different kinds of warts:

The raised molehill kind ok for the soldering iron or freezer. Those that grow thin and long and are suitable for tying off. The flat red area kind that are really a lot of tiny dots that slowly spread out and are only suitable for proper surgical removal.

Any more?

Roger

Reply to
Roger R