G23 2G11 ballast/starter/capacitor fittings

I am looking for a light fitting suitable for taking a CFL with either a G23 or 2G11 type connector. I already have the CFL's. They produce UV-C type light and will be used in a rapid bond curing experiment. The CFL's look just like ordinary domestic types with wattages between 11 and 30 and just need the same type of starter and ballast as domestic types. Lots of places sell the CFL's but I have not found anyone who stocks the fittings.

B&Q etc sell lots of ordinary CFL's with G23 and 2G11 connectors so there must be lots of fittings about which they plug in to.

Does anyone know of a source?

I believe that the G23 type bulb has the starter built-in and that the ballast is in the lamp fitting. For the 2G11 type bulb the fitting has the starter and ballast.

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

RS seem to do the 2G11 holder. Lots of hits on Google for both.

That's right. The 4-pin holder can also be used with electronic control gear.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

you should be able to run them off the ballasts in domestic CFLs, then you just need the connector, or not. With ballast separated from the heat of the tube they last ok.

NT

Reply to
NT

Actually, I misread what you wrote first time. For the 2-pin tubes, the starter is integral, but they still require an external ballast.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Do you know where I can get a ballast or electronic control gear for these low wattage tubes?

A search for 2G11 on

only picks up tubes no holders or ballast or gear. Do you have an RS stock number?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

Yes that's what I was thinking. Do you know where I can get a ballast or gear. I've tried several electrical wholesalers but they only stock the tubes not the gear.

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

What wattage are they? It would also be useful to know the tube diameter and total length (as if the tube was bend back straight).

170-979, and 170-985 is a tube support clip.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

RS tubes come up with a 2G11 search but the connector only comes up with a

2G-11 search.

As to Wattage and length: say 18W. Total length 2 x 225mm = 450mm (18" appx)

Thank you

Reply to
Alt Beer