G-Force Vacuum Cleaners

Looking for something light weight and have seen these advertised. Anyone any experience? Have dogs and have used Dysons for many years but SWMBO is now finding them a bit heavy especially the ball ones and I fear it would not be good for her mental health if she had to give up the cleaning and hand it over to me.

Reply to
bert

We have the Air-Ram K9, and it is very good. Light, and performs well. The only thing I'd change is I would buy the companion handheld as well, as it's obviously no good for corners.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The Gforce £25 carpet sweeper works unbelievably well. Ultra lightweight and runs for about 35minutes per charge. We use this for quick clean ups, and a big carpet cleaner as an occasional purge. Buy from Argos, give it a try and return it if not satisfactory.

Reply to
Capitol

We have one of those tiddly portable dyson handheld thingies.

We haven't used the Henry since getting it. Other benefit is because the air blows out way above floor height it doesn't disturb settled dirt/dust before you get to it.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

How long will the battery last before performance gets bad?>

Reply to
DerbyBorn

We went looking for a Gtech Air Ram but the guy at John Lewis said they had stopped stocking it due to the high level of returns.

Tried out a Dyson hand held in the sop and it was very impressive.

We then went direct to Dyson because they will often do you a deal.

It works very well with cat hair and is easy to carry around.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Ours is at least 2 years old now.

We had an issue recently with performance and I found the conical filter thing was packed with dirt. No easy way to empty it out and where I washed it a few weeks back (because is has a picture of a running tap on the outside) the dust inside the cone had turned into a kind of cementious(?) mortar that took lots of beating to break up into small enough lumps to come out the narrow opening at the top.

Just looked on-line and it says the filter should be cleaned every month. Oops..

Also Long hairs wrapped around the powered brush can drain the battery quicker too but it's easy to strip down and clean out.

Still a great bit of kit, especially for stairs and the top of skirting boards etc.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk