FYI Saxton offer

Thank you, useful.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Never owned an oscillating multi-tool but have used a cordless one once and was wowed by it. What's currently considered the best cordless one for an occasional user versus a professional handyman?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

David Lang scribbled

Ta

Reply to
Jonno

I never saw the point of them until I bought a cheap mains one from Lidl as a try out. Now I would not be without one, the tasks it has been put too a re too numerous to list but it has been given dogs abuse in the 2+ years I have had it and even if it died the day after its 3 year warranty was up it will have paid for itself.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Oh yes, they have good offers now and then on osc blades. I'm still stocked up from last time! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I bought a set of these a year or so ago. OK for small jobs, but early this year I was using them for cutting mortice holes in some softwood (in a position I couldn't easily access with a chisel or drill). The blade just kept snapping off along the line of the angled offset. I assume that the vibration just caused the metal to harden and get brittle, like bending a nail side to side until it snaps. Didn't have this problem with the original Bosch ones. Still good value for some jobs though.

Reply to
Davidm

I have a cordless that came from Aldi. It's very useful for the odd job, but compliments my Fein, rather than replacing it. When used for sanding etc, the battery doesn't last long enough.

The snag would be a larger battery might make the entire thing too big.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

several times the price of Aldi blades, are they worth the extra?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No idea, never used the Aldi ones. The Saxton ones are very good and of course available all year round.

Reply to
David Lang

I've noticed they have an alternate brand "Antler Blades" that seem to sell cheaper on eBay/Amazon than the Saxton brand

Reply to
Andy Burns