FYI: 850W generator £39.99

@ makro.

£45 all in for an 850w genny !

longevity ? no idea but at £45 it's a steal.

Reply to
.

how do you know I don't know anything about how well it works ?

/that's/ illogical and bizzare.

Reply to
.

My 1500W struggles to keep the freezers and the heating going.

I've just seen the irony in that statement, but you know what I mean.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Now look, don't complicate things. Here we have a wonderful deal, just for you, just today, just like in Hong Kong.

When you're buying on price, only that matters. The lower the price, the better the deal. The rest is just detail.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not always - I got a cheap 5 stroke - IIRC 60 quid, from ebay.

I got it as it would use less oil than a 2 stroke, and not require premixing. Unfortunately, when I came to actually try it - some months after purchse, I found that it used a lot of fuel. Especially when off. On investigation, the seam had not been properly welded, and there were maybe 20 pinhole leaks. On storing for 6 months, all the oil ran out - I'm unsure if it was due to porosity in the casting, or gasket problems.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

It was due to paying £60 from Ebay.

Sort of like saying "Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Reply to
Andy Hall

Crikey. Was it missing somewhat?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe that was the problem. Two intake strokes per exhaust must build up pressure.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I'd say more due to lack of research. Anyway, bought another one from ebay, 80 quid for a barely used 5Hp Honda engined one. Much better.

It did take a long, long time to start, but then I found the other fuel cutoff.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Because he smuggled one past the security guard under his coat?

On a serious note, I have heard that they are perfectly adequate for ligting and power tools but not much use for anything else as the output voltage varies widely and the waveform is more akin to a sawtooth than a sine wave.

sponix

Reply to
sponix

BiL bought one for about £79.99 some time back. almost the same as the one now available for £39.99

is what he uses his for. usually for doing LPG installations (certificated) on boats or in statics where mains leccy isn't an option either because it's brand new and there's no wires or the meter is out of credits.

well, I wouldn't run me hi fi on it and if you can't get a *2* stroke engine going you don't desteve to have tools or a genny, innit ?

horses for courses, again.

Reply to
.

My 75 year old father uses one as a backup power supply for his his oil fired central heating in the wilds of darkest Wales. He starts the thing no bother, first pull, and it's quiet. (They get a few power outtages where he is apparently).

Grumble

Reply to
Grumble

The Screwfix (Wolf 800) one has a lower rating, "720W, 650W constant".

Any reports on how either the Screwfix or the Makro 850W gene performs with a typical 700W SDS drill?

Reply to
Ian White

Probably but these are based on a Yamaha?? motor scooter engine and start reasonably easily.

True but they run on the same 50:1 petroil mix that my saws use and you just fill them with fuel and use them, no worries about oil levels.

AJH

Reply to
AJH