FW: Radio's gone doolally...

As this query concerned a car radio, I posted it to what I thought were the most appropriate newgroups; however I've drawn a blank so am now throwing it open to the floor in uk.d-i-y, where I'm sure someone will be able to come up with the goods!??

From: Lobster User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (Windows/20050923) Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance,rec.audio.car,uk.rec.audio.car Subject: Radio's gone doolally... Message-ID: Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:32:10 GMT

Started up the car this morning and the radio came on as usual (I usually have it defaulting to 'on'); however, the normal music and chat was accompanied by a high-pitched 'beep' about once very second. I've switched on and off, disabled all the radio's clever functions, but can't get rid of the beeping. What on earth is it? Help please!

Background: This is an original factory-fitted radio in a 1998 Renault Laguna (think it's a Blaupunkt?). I've had the car 5-6 years so am very familiar with the radio; the noise isn't related to traffic alerts or anything like that. Happens on all channels, on both FM and MW.

The radio has a security feature whereby you need to enter a PIN if the power is interrupted; however (a) it wasn't interrupted; (b) it goes into a mute status with a PIN prompt on the display; mine didn't do either. I just mention this in case anyone thinks that's what the problem is.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

I've got a Laguna of the same age. The standard CD-Radio was a Philips

22DC479 - which also comes in a Cassette version.

Perhaps one of six channel select buttons is sticking, so the tuner is constantly memorising the played frequency. It does give a small bleep on that!

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

sci.electronics.repair

Reply to
meow2222

Someone has fitted a radio tracker to your car and it is breaking through onto your radio...........

;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy