Further on chafing gel

I trusted Neil and used liquid meths in the two burners..

The stone became hot enough to cook everything we tried. I'm very pleased :-)

It seems that it's important to light the burners at least half an hour before trying to cook to allow the stone to get hot enough.

Of course - you might say! But I'm impatient :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We went to Lidl & Aldi yesterday and I'm certain I saw chaffing gel in one of them. I thought at the time that someone from UK DIY was looking for it - it was you!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Mary Fisher" wrote

I thought you were supposed to preheat the stone in the oven and then keep it hot with the burners?

Must go and find our impulse purchased one from two years ago and actually try it. Any tips on what cooks well?

HLAH

None was supplied with the thing and we contacted Head Office and was told that it wasn't stocked there. Bit silly but it doesn't matter, we're happy now. Spouse went to local hardware shop and came back with a gallon of meths!

He does look a little like a meths drinker ... :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher