Furred pipes

I seem to have a lot of lime scale in my pipes. Say that because there were lumps in the washing machine . Is there any way I can get rid of it an improve the efficiency of system Thanks Rich

Lumps in your washing machine can be coming off the heating element. A 'service wash' at the highest available temperature with Calgon tablets (and no clothes) should help to de-fur your machine. Washing machines should have filters where the flexible hoses attach to the back of the washer so it is unlikely that lumps of limescale are entering from the pipes.
I think the packet with the Calgon tablets recommends doing this once a month, but then it would tell you to use the product regularly :-)
I find that with low temperature washes powder residue also builds up, and a 'boil wash' clears that as well.
HTH Dave R

On the other hand, the bulk of daily washes should be done at the lowest temperatures possible (i.e. 40C) to reduce limescale buildup and premature failure of the element. It is also better for the environment due to reduced energy usage.
Christian,
RichardS wrote:

And numerous stains are not removed ...

reduced
errr....yeah....if you read the response to the original post you will probably realise that the advice was to have a 'service wash' with Calgon to clear everything out every month or so. There was no suggestion that you should make every wash a 'boil wash'.
You will also find some washing machines with 30C washes, but then again that is just me feeling picky.