Furniture making group / help?

Is there a dedicated message board or newsgroup for furniture making in the UK? Could use a few pointers.
Also, I live in the Highlands and can't find a supplier who sells the cuts and types of wood I'm interested in. Is there a good mail order site for nicer cuts of wood? Everywhere local assumes I want to build a house rather than a cabinet!

Someone mentioned this place the other day
http://www.interestingtimbers.co.uk /

www.craft-supplies.co.uk
Hi John
The group you want is
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums /
Cheers Neil
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:06:02 +0000, John Burns

rec.woodworking
Full of Americans and quite high traffic, but it's the best I've found. There's some seriously good work goes on.

I'd suggest a copy of Furniture and Cabinet Making, and checking the small ads. Can't think of anywhere myself, I'm at the other end of the country.