Funny hinges

Hi.

Need to adjust some door hinges, but am right puzzled by the mechanism. There's no name on them unfortunately. Theyre big fat plastic things, and on the underside is what looks like some kind of adjustment, but how it works I have little clue. I'll see if I can draw it...

_ | | _ .'| |'. _ ._ _ _' _ |_ |_ _| _| ' ' '.|_|.' |_| Thats basically the pattern visible on the underside of the rotating pin bit of the hinge - it actually has 6 of those squarish cutouts not

4, I could only draw it as 4 in ASCII, you get the idea. _ The central is a hex allen key head _ The |_ 's are cutouts, on both moving outer and stationary inner bits.

The dots ..' just show the borderline between the moving section and the inner stationary part.

I hope this is clear... I'm not convinced it is. Any clues on how to adjust it without causing who knows what probs would be good. I need to raise the door a bit to stop it fouling. I just dont want to do it without having a clue, as I dont want the door to a) fall off, or b) the hinges to place a lot of force/tension against each other, resulting in warping.

Any input welcome!

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Hi NT,

In the centre section of the hinge, is there a big headed screw and a little headed screw ? If it is like this, then undo the big headed screw just a little bit, then tighten the little headed screw in a bit until the door stop fouling at the bottom. Or Vice Versa if it's fouling at the top. When you have it where you want it, tighten the big headed screw up again.

I know what I mean.............Do You ? :-)))

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi

I think I understand you, but its just one screw in this case, not 2. I'm tempted to adjust it, just dont want to screw things up :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

It may be that the hinge is fixed for rotation already and the hex head screw is the adjuster. I looks like a suck it and see job to me. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop