Funny buzzing plumbing

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light. After we had the overflow valve in our immersion tank changed, the plumbing 'buzzes' for a minute or so after you run any cold or hot water (the latter is equivalent to running cold water as of course the immersion then fills from the cold supply).

It's a pretty simple system - no CH as yet - just a cold supply to the kitchen and bathroom and immersion. The sound is a vibrating buzz, you can even feel it if you put your hand on a cold water pipe.

Airlocks? Gremlins? Christmas Pixies? Any advice gratefully received.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Sounds like it might possibly be insufficiently clipped pipes and high water pressure. Get your static pressure measured. If it is much over 4 bar, you may want to install a PRV. In any case, ensure that all pipework is securely attached to the building.

I'm assuming that the cold supply is mains to all outlets. If not, it could just be a noisy ball valve in the cold tank.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle