Fully Electric Car available soon

Proves you've never driven one - or a decent car. They handle like a pile of poo. The steering is unpleasant as well. Feels like a US 'small' car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"nightjar .uk.com>" >> Current petrol engine efficiency averages 32%,

Waiting at a traffic lights with the running engine, the efficiency of a petrol engine is 0% When an electric car is at the traffic lights it is at

100% efficiency. IC engine efficiency decreases very, very much at low power demand. Diesel engines loose efficiency at low power demand too, but not as much as a petrol engine. Both as still crap.

So when a 200hp engine has to deliver only 5hp for crawling in city traffic, the efficiency is extremely low indeed. And they also pollute like hell and ruin people's lungs.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Richard here is drivelling again.

Sad isn't it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

The grotty town where Tiger Woods just won the latest Open, you mean?

Whereas you're living in that shithole known as Milton Keynes

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No, really?

Oh well that would explain why he wants everyone to live in a shitbox constructed from ticky-tacky. He doesn't want to feel alone.

Hey, Drivel!

Milton Keynes is where the UK would get piles if it had them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In practice not if it's running air con or heating.

In practice not if it's running air con or heating.

BTW - love the idea of a stationary car being 100% efficient. So a car with no engine at all is 100% efficient...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A petrol car with a catalytic convertor actually produces less pollutants than exist in city air. The main by product of combustion is CO2, and that doesn't damage lungs. Of course it may on the planet you come from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Richard Cranium is a David Hasselhof fan you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Richard Cranium here is Matt Monroe fan.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No. That was the Royal Liverpool Golf Club ina town called "Hoylake", not the grotty one you live in.

I am? New to me, although a fine city it is - unlike the grot one you live in.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking shit wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...

A shame isn't it, the Shitkicker is rambling on about well...shit. Sad isn't it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A city has a cathedral. MK's one is made of trees planted to resemble the outline of Norwich Cathedral.

So a sham - rather like you, but probably in better taste.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Richard Cranium, they don't.

Sad isn't it. Very sad. I hope has cleaned the doggy doos off his loafers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Err no, it's at 0% efficiency since it is not converting power into motion.

Fuck, but you're dumb.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Steve Firth

Milton Keynes; Europe's largest Open Prison.

Reply to
Huge

Sad isn't it. There is not much that can done about him, it was the way he was brought up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

nightjar However, I was not talking about energy efficiency. I was talking about

In what way? I can only get to about the same as anything else, myself.

Depends very much on what type of driving is under coinsideration.

I don't think so.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sad isn't it. Very sad indeed. He is best mates with Richard Cranium.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As far as exrtracting motive power, its 0%.

Its also 0%..it may be 0% of nothing of course. ;-)

Indeed. 0/0 is anything you care to choose between 0 and 100%.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher