Fully Electric Car available soon

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking shit wrote in message news:7x9whjgfxvuf.pzrukxpv45er$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...

Amazing. He is now telling people to get a life. Amazing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, this is his reasoning. Amazing, but sad at the same time. He needs to go to the clinic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, I do emit charismatic charms. This is clear.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, I suppose I might agree with that in a funny kind of a way. Certainly hours of endless amusement, anyway...

Reply to
Andy Hall

But in the context of using one as a city car and driving a relatively low mileage they are not. Insurance is group 7-8 and you have a lot of capital to pay for (interest or lost interest).

A Honda Jazz (which I drive) is little more than half the cost of a Prius, is much cheaper to insure, holds it value better than almost anything else (my first Jazz lost £4,100 over 3 years), and is a match for the Prius in space. It's also in the 15% band if you are a company car driver like me. Sure it uses a bit more petrol but on 4,000 miles a year and petrol at £1 per litre, the Jazz at 35mpg (realistic figure in town) costs £640 in fuel, the Prius at ?50mpg, £450.

If you are regularly driving in the CC zone you might just be able to make an economic case for the Prius but otherwise the numbers don't stand up. But I would like to have the use of one for a week or two as an interesting bit of kit to play with.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Matt, yes I am a cyber-charismatic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You have to compare like with like. That is tiny to a Prius.

Might. It pays for itself very quickly indeed. Remember the Prius is first of the breed, the successors of all makes will be cheaper to buy.

As a supermarket runabout it will not add up. But this car is great to drive. People spend a fortune on sports cars because they like to drive them - and they gobble fuel which the Pirius does not.

It will impress no doubt.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Smaller but scarcely tiny - huge carrying capacity with the seats folded flat. And looking at the side profile of a Prius I'm not sure how much headroom rear seat adults would have.

In any case if you are looking at a short trip city car these factors don't matter much. If you are looking for a car to do longer distance motorway runs then the Prius is probably going to cost as much to run as many diesels.

If you've loads of money and want to make a green statement then the Prius makes sense. Otherwise I would suggest that for almost any usage pattern there will be a better and cheaper (TCO) to run alternative.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

But you are not driving a tractor. Diesel are dire mate, effing dire. Don't let the uk-d-i-y Lunatic Association convince you otherwise. Or are you a member?

It is not green statement - reade my prevoous posts. The lumbering noisy crock you drive was regarded as a green statement at one time.

Read my previous posts.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Wanker.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, I believe you, just like I believe you have an Aston. An Aston for which you can't recall the model number, the engine builder's name or even he position of the switchgear.

Why should anyone pay attention to the ramblings of a proven lying f****it such as you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Wanker.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Get a life.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Tertiary syphilis?

Reply to
Steve Firth

He is changing text that others have written. This is a sad case. A very sad case.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is encouraging.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This one need professional attention. The signs are there. Being totally witless is one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Steve Firth" fresh in from kicking shit wrote in message news:cwmmtrwngizi$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...

I wonder if he went to the clinic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is getting worse. The Shit Kickers condition needs seeing to. Sad isn't it. Very sad indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"demanated"?

Drivel needs help, Drivel needs to realise that he needs to show respect to get respect.

Reply to
Steve Firth