Fully Electric Car available soon

He has gone all haywire. It must be the hot weather and those loafers he wears.

He is a sad one indeed. Very sad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Then they are as stupid as you. To achieve over 100% efficiency would mean perpetual motion. But you probably think this has already been invented because you believe adverts. Has your penis grown to 2ft yet?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Err no, 0/0 is not 1.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There you have it, need we say more. Richard Cranium is saying that Viessmann, the Teutonic designers and builders of condensing boilers, amongst the finest in the world are....."stupid". Yes that is what Richard Cranium said. I hope he has cleaned all the doggy doos off his loafers tonight.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person? Why are you so stupid that you think that failing to quote something and failing to acknowledge the fact somehow erases the unquoted material?

Reply to
Steve Firth

As I said he will not accept or recognise his problem, after him raising our hopes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Steve - i`ve got a small Qbasic program that will wrap whatever you want to say to whatever size you like (i`m quite partial to sites that pi$$ me off, but allow uploads of a certain size - set it to 1k below the limit, and tell them what you think :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

On street parking meters?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is actually incalculable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's an interesting point. He's probably got his newsreader set to expire all posts other than his after a day. So each night he sits up reading all his old stuff, till his nurse forces him to go to bed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, I've a small perl script that does the same thing. The art is to make it read correctly both vertically and horizontally.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Surely anything divided by zero is infinity?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They expect professionals to know what 'standard efficiency' means. Sadly, you confuse it with efficiency. So yes they are stupid to use it without explanation, because you claim to be a pro but obviously don't understand it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"result of function is undefined" according to Windows Calc

Maybe it works differently on an early Pentium.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Apart from zero.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

but not by anybody who has a qualification beyond GCSE Simple Science.

Reply to
Paul Herber

But surely zero divided by anything is zero? :-)

As TNP says it's incalculable (or meaningless or undef or NULL or whatever you like to represent not-a-number). Perhaps more interesting and/or useful is what happens as the ratio of useful work to total work tends to zero. If I could remember anything of my school calculus I might embarrass myself offering a mathematical analysis :-)

However in the spirit of Scroggie I'll attempt an arm-waving one instead.

Consider what happens at 1 mph, 0.1mph, 0.01mph etc. Assume there is no wind and the vehicle is on a flat level surface. The losses due to air resistance are miniscule, so we have basically rolling resistance plus losses in the engine itself and its transmission. These probably do not dimish with speed so the efficiency doesn't tend to 100% (although the effeciency of the electric vehicle is obviously going to be hugely better than the IC vehicle).

Reply to
John Stumbles

Complete bollocks.

The effective breaking "power" of something prius sized will be in the order of several 100 horse power. Even short circuiting the motor is not going to get you anything like that in back emf breaking.

Reply to
John Rumm

It is clear he is getting worse. He should not be allowed near the computer. I bet he hasn't cleaned that doggy doos off his loafers yet.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..which is very definate.

Reply to