Full bore 22mm flexible hoses

All the 22mm flexible connecting hoses for baths and WHBs, I have seen, restrict the water pathway to 15mm or less. Has anyone sourced full bore

22mm or 15mm flexible hoses?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

In article , Capitol writes

BES have 22mm with 19mm bore in 30cm length, code 13753, but only

13mm in other lengths.
, watch the vat + post.

However, I don't think a *short* length of reduced bore makes a lot of difference, a 30cm length of 13mm will have the same restriction as 70cm of 22mm; if I calculate correctly. 60cm of 13mm == 1.4m of 22mm.

Reply to
fred

The hydraulic resistance of a tube is inversely proportional to the FOURTH power of its radius. [1]

The bore of 22mm pipe is about 19mm So the 30cm of 13mm bore is the same as (19/13)^ x 30cm That's about 136cm of pipe. Not a big problem.

HTH

[1] This is becasue the fluid speed is inversely proportional to the square of the bore size. The 'back pressrure' is proportional to the square of the fluid speed.

For viscous fluids and lowish speeds then pressure loss is only proportional to the speed. Hence resistance only(!) inversely proportional to the cube of the bore size.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the correction Ed, real life should have told me that was the case ;-)

Reply to
fred

Thanks Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

19mm full bore including the fittings are available on ebay, pictures supplied on the site. Most of the hoses assemblies throttle down to about 9mm inside the hose termination so you need to be careful what you fit onto a bath tap. Flexi pipes are brilliant and very quick, if you have sufficient copper pipe I would go for JG speed fit adapter 3/4BSP - 22mm speed fit which is full bore (19mm Approx)
Reply to
CraigM

Did JG Speed fit existed around the time of the original OP's post?

Reply to
Fredxxx

2004? Speedfit had been around for thirty years by then, but wasn't plastic initially.
Reply to
Andy Burns

We started using the smaller sizes from the mid seventies where they replaced Enots brass compression fittings for a lot of applications. The first week we had them the store man got a bit sniffy as following the general style of the Cadburys Smash Martian which was on the TV at the time we used a hundred or so fittings to build something similar with a pressure gauge for a face and put it on his desk. Being a typical miserable bastard store man he complained about the cost "You've just wasted about £50 pounds of fittings "as he was oblivious that they could be easily separated without damage.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg