Fugi alternatives

I've put off buying Fugi silicone tools because they seem stupidly expensive for a few bits of plastic. I spotted Yato on Amazon, which at £5 are somewhat less stupidly priced. (Only £3.50 on ebay.) Does anyone have any experience with using them?

GB

Yes and they work a treat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

mmmm look very similar to an Aldidl "Powerfix" set I acquired in blue.. - t hey seem to come up regularly but can't recall price but not much different I'm sure.

Agree with TMH - they work very well, some practice/experience is beneficia l but results are vastly superior to the "wet finger" brigade...

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

They look very similar to a set of Lidl/Aldi ones I bought a while ago. I a lso have a set of 'JML' type ones (in-store promotion with a 'shopping channel' type marketing). I normally avoid anything sold this way like the plague. Howeve r...

The JML ones are somewhat softer than the Lidlaldi ones, and work a little better. One of the reviews for the 'Yato' ones says much the same.

From this I am guessing that the Fugenboy ones are also a bit softer. Havin g used both I think I'll probably splash out on a proper set of Fugenboys one of these days. However I don't think you'd regret buying a cheaper set - as ot hers have said, any of them are vastly superior to the alternatives.

HTH J^n

Reply to
jkn

I have a fugi set and a Elch Fugenboy set - I much prefer the Fugi - its a softer material. The Fugenboy is quite hard plastic. (although sometimes useful because of the slimness of the tools)

Reply to
John Rumm