Fuel pump, ride on mower

Old laser mower with Kohler 18hp twin.

Now have sparks (new plugs) but no fuel. No obvious blockages, suspect mechanical pump diaphragm. Spares don't seem to be readily available, is there any obvious reason why a cheap electrical pump like this

would not work? Similar engines sometimes use a vacuum pump, might that be a better option? (Can't immediately spot a vacuum take-off point).

TIA

Reply to
newshound

For the cost, why not.

My limited experience on one not too dissimilar pump is that the pressure was on the high side. With perhaps a slightly leaky float valve(?) I had some over-fuelling/flooding issues.

YMMV

Reply to
Fredxxx

Thanks, that was my unease too. Perhaps I ought to add a Tee with a return to the tank, and use an adjustable clip on the return hose to let me control the pressure.

Reply to
newshound