Front door source?

My new front porch/ cloakroom ended up with, due to a 'mismanagement-up' a larger than expected door way. I managed to find a door frame to fit and fitted it. This was made by Jeld-Wen. The door required is 6ft 6" by 3ft. ( 78" by 36".) Couldn't find a door that size in the Jeld-Wen catalogue. So I phoned them, nope they don't do one.

Local joiners have a lead time of 6 weeks and I could do with it a.s.a.p.

I've Googled unsuccessfully. Can anyone point me to a door manufacturer that does this size door.

Thanks

mark

Reply to
Mark

some which are 36 inches, but are longer. I just bought a door from them - I had to wait a while to get it though. If you call them they can see what they have - their prices are good - paid around £75 less than other online sites for a £400 door.

Reply to
Maria

What style are you looking for? It's not a standard size, so you'll probably have to have one made or adapt something.

The easiest ways of adapting things are either to buy a door blank (7ft x 3ft) and cut it down, or buy a 33" x 78" in the style you want and use hardwood lipping to increase it on both sides. Whether either option can look right depends on the style you're aiming for.

auctions