Front door - is this one OK?

I'm in the market for a new front door, a trip to Wickes has brought this one to my attention:

It comes unfinished, with a nice light coloured wood. It seems a good buy to me - am I wrong/right?

And, if I do get it, I'd like to keep it as a light finish, not dark as in the pic, so what should I use to paint it - just plain, clear exterior varnish? Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

You could use an extra clear alkyd coach varnish, ideal on wood, copal would be best but not polyurethane.

Reply to
ste