front door

I would be surprised if you haven't come across it; it is the stuff plastic drinks bottles are usually made from. I came across it as a material for vacuum forming clear rigid packaging. I didn't go ahead with the project, but ended up with a few flat sheets, which came in quite useful when making some splash guards. It bends quite well with a hot air gun. I presume most plastic material suppliers could source it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Aha, now you put it in context, yup have seen it in the recycle logo on containers etc. Just had not seen it generally available in sheet form.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oddly it is (kind of)! IIUC building regs require new builds to have flat access for wheelchairs etc, so presumably one has to bury the lip of the frame into the floor if one is to meet them, and use this type of door frame.

Reply to
John Rumm

bingo ! you stick to diy, I'll carry on buying and doing up houses which previously had no DG or CH, modern kitchen, bathrooms, etc.

Reply to
.

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Very. The cedar windowframe has turned out very nice indeed, but we decided not to clad the whole of the inside with it as much would be hiding behind other stuff and wasted. Apart from the smell, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I'm surprised they're allowed with the new disability access rules. Since we have at least two wheelchair using visitors, and the wife's wobbly anyway the back door will soon be ripped out and replaced with a home-made wooden one using a nice low-profile weather strip from this bunch...

this one...
've just finished the doorstep from the garden to the conservatory and when the cement's set I'll start putting in the door frame then making the door - again using a low-profile seal.

Guy King

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

If you can be arsed to read this...

can work out whether it applies to new doors on buildings or doors on new buildings or both or neither.

Reply to
Guy King

Composite doors look like wood but have better security and (I think) thermal efficiancy eg

marvelus

I'd guess the sort of house you buy to do up might not be the choice of many here, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

85 pages!

And from Prescott's office !!