From garden pond automatic filler to antenna trimmer

Intrigueing sub line, pray tell what the picture is? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It shows a kit of parts, consisting of some heavy-duty circular jubilee clips and brackets, a long pole with a black part on it circled in red, various smalls screws and an Allen key, and a printed parts list. These are laid out on what looks like a tiled lino floor.

Reply to
NY

It is a 27 MHz vertical antenna, but the grub screw to trim the top section did not fit, so I used a circular clip from a ball valve I had in the pond.

Simon Mason

Oh, no wiser then... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Oh, I see, and one also needs to ask as resonant lengths are known for 27Mhz how come one has to trim it in the first place. Given a good cable the vswr should be pretty optimal unless somebody has put it very close to something else or has a particularly fussy rig.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If I get correct piece of kit, I expect it to be c*ck on.

Reply to
Simon Mason