Friends Hot Water

Hi folks

Been asked to look at a friends hot water cylinder. It appears to be direct, and is only heated with the immersion heater. I'm always used to the immerser at the bottom of the cylinder, but this one only has an entry at the top. Upon looking at it, this immerser has two thermostats built into it, which can be removed if necessary. Would one of these be for the boost function on the panel? The problem with the heating is that the circuit breaker keeps triping, so I suspect the element is corroded.

I've been on ebay and google for the last half hour trying to locate a heater with twin thermostats, are these common place?

I'll pop into the plumb shop tomorrow, just thought I would ask on here first!

Many thanks

SantaUK

Reply to
SantaUK