Fridge Water Filters (Samsung)

I have a Samsung refrigerator which uses the Magic Water Filter. Looking around on the Internet

seem to do a compatible one at about £15 which seems way too cheap compared to the original manufacturers part (currys said around £50).

Does anyone know anything about these filters, or if the Samsung one contains anything special? I do not want to invalidate the warranty of the product or risk breaking the fridge itself.

Reply to
Ian

On 3 Feb 2005 02:28:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk (Ian) strung together this:

Off the top of my head I can't remember how much the various Samsung water filters are as they tend to use a different design for every fridge. Currys will be expensive compared to anywhere else no doubt and we don't get much in the way of third party filters for Samsung so customers are directed to Samsung as they sell genuine filters directly for not much more than we can get them for.

Reply to
Lurch