Fridge water

Hello

I have a Zanussi ZFK56/48R fridge / freezer and water accumulates at the back. The drain is not blocked and water is overspilling at each end instead of runing to the middle to drain out. Have I missed something or is this a known design fault ?

Thanks

Reply to
x.x

Me too with a Lec. I've just lived with it. Can't spot the pattern,sometimes it is bone dry and other times it is sodden and is mopped out daily.

Reply to
visionset

Yuk, what chore. The amount of water accumulated varies depending on the humidty of the air outside the fridge and how often that air is let inside.

I don't quite follow the OP's description of where this water is accumlating and overspilling. Normally there is moulded channel on the back of the fridge leading to a drain point in the middle. This channel should catch the drips from the cooling plate or running down the back. We did have a fridge where water would not endup in this channel, but it's rather to long ago to remember why. I do remember solving it by building up the ends of the channel with silicone sealant though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yep it's probably plain old condensation, that the tray at the back should catch. So maybe the fridge leans forward and its not ending up in that tray. The tray is certainly not overflowing. I'll make another effort to rectify. Then it'll break down completely ;-/

-- Mike W

Reply to
visionset