Fridge/freezer problem

Wonder if anyone can help ? i've got a Zanussi fridge freeze - the freezer compartment seems to work fine and is getting really cold but the fridge section doesn't get cold at all.
I've tried increasing the temp dial but nothing. I'm not sure if the thermostat has gone but when i turn the dial i can't get it to click.
Anyone got any ideas.
Cheers in advance.

Do you know if it has twin compressors, a single compressor/twin thermostatat system, or a single compressor/thermostat? Is it frost free?
Christian.
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:53:04 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

Our old Zanussi has two compressors. When the Freezer compressor failed we had it replaced. We had no end of problems after that, the Zanussi agent changed just about everything (including the door). Turned out evenually that he had replaced the freezer compressor with a fridge one.
I think it's a single compressor, it's a ZFC62/23 FF. Got a large single condensor on the back, and compressor on the bottom.
The fridge was working fine but it's been off for a few months and then i transported it on its side (yes i know!) in a van where it was left overnight.
From what i've read it sounds like it either needs recharging as there's not enough gas to cool the freezer and the fridge together, or that because i've had it on its side then maybe oil has got into the discharge pipe and cusing a blockage ??
Thanks
John

Did you do the standard things to get it working again? You should stand upright unplugged for 24 hours. Then you should run the compressor for only about 30 seconds at a time, with 10 minute rests for a couple of hours. This separates out the oil and the refridgerent.
Christian.
Strange replied to this, this morning bl**dy internet!!
Anyway, the model is a ZFC62/23. I failed to mention that i'd moved it and it had been lay down on its side for quite a few hours (yes i know now i shouldn't have!).
A guy from the local electrical shop said turn it upside down for 24 hours then turn in back for 24 hours then if that doesn't work bin it!
Also someone said to me that sometimes if the gas is low, it will only be able to cooler the freezer compartment and not the fridge ?? - does that sound likely?
Cheers in advance. J

Never ever turn a fridge upside down, or even lay one on its side, unless you know what you are doing, and never use that electrical shop again.

"and come and buy a new one from me "
doing this will ,empty the oil in the compressor into the system blocking the filter dryer, sieze the motor (no lubricating oil left in compressor ) poss motor will come off it`s mounting springs. Result write off the machine
Thanks everyone, i'll give it a try!! J