fridge freezer not working

Dear All,

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer and the freezer part is not working.

It is model ZF77/30 I suspect this stands for 77 cubic foot fridge and 30 CF freezer.

It has only one motor which is OK and the fridge works. There must be a relay operated a tap/valve that diverts the cooling fluid around the freezer its either this that's stopped working or the freezer thermostat has failed.

Someone on another group suggested it could need gas well I cant see it does as its only got one motor and the fridge works OK. What I want is a scematic diagram of how it works. I suspect there is a thermostat for the freezer and seperate one for the fridge with a diverter valve with say the freezer having prority very similar to cental heating three way sharing valves. I have looked a the back and can see a juntion box have identified the fridge theromstat which is fine but cannot locat the freezer thermostat to complicate things further this is a frost free fridge freezer, and ever now and agian the fan inside starts working only circulating air I think its the defrost times cycle it lasts for a bout half an hour once a day.

I have been told to throw it away and get a new one from all the refrigeration engineers I've contacted, also they said in one way or the other, that there is callout charge of between £40 and £80 refundable if work is done. One told me I'm sorry I wont touch frost free fridge freezers to complex. Noral of the story dont get a frost free freezer.

Help

MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

Wow - that one big fridge/feezer! ((maybe it's 7.7 (even that's quite big) and 3.0))?

We used to have this kind of fridge/freezer and the fan ran pretty well all the time. It blows cold air around the freezer. The defrost timer does a very fast defrost (using heater elements) of the evaporator.

We had problems with ours to do with the thermostats on the evaporator - they only worked intermittantly so it wouldn't go back into freeze mode after a defrost. The other thing that used to happen was the drain tube got blocked so the evaporator didn't defrost properly. We threw the thing out in the end.

Reply to
Rory

ok first off if its frost free it will not have a diversion valve so dont bother looking. If compressor is running and freezer is not cold then the system is either blocked inside or short of gas, so your advise is correct.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

most likely loss of gas. If its refilled itll leak again. Frost frees are more complicated so fail more.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

The fridge part is working normally. MikeS

Reply to
MikeS