Fridge freezer, Hoover or Hotpoint?

After lots of web research and visits to Currys we are left with a choice of two freestanding fridge freezers made by Hoover or Hotpoint. Our requirements for size/volumes etc are specific and none of the other manufacturers list a suitable model that we can actually find in the flesh. So - Hoover or Hotpoint?

Reply to
Geo

On Thursday 30 May 2013 12:35 Geo wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In 1995 it was Hotpoint - because mine is still alive and working perfectly.

Trouble is brands and management change so that may not guarantee that they are still any good.

One thing that made me choose it in the first place was that it had smooth walls - the evaporator pipes where set into the metal lining so cleaning is a breeze and de-icing is quicker as ones the ice gets a bit melty it shears clean off the almost flat metalwork.

I hate ones with fins and "loose" pipes inside.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Possibly not much between them. Both now of Italian parentage. Pick the best deal.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I thought 90 percent of the guts of these were italian these days. The best fridge freezer i ever had was an Hitachi. It went on for many a decade, frost free and all. I now have a Fridgemaster but its a lot noisier even though its smaller and supoosedly more efficient. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You have spoilt your wife:-)

Reply to
ARW

They are all s**te and most come off the same production line with different badges. Go for the cheapest. Do not go for frost free.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Whichever you choose, get one with the fridge on top. As you get older bending down 20 times a day to look in, get stuff, return it to the fridge, gets harder every day.

Reply to
Eric