Fridge Failure Mode

I seem to remember that there were compression fittings available should a new compressor need to be fitted, but I have never seen them used.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The guy who came to try and fix it claimed that the icebox has to be fitted using a mechanical fitting (rather than heat) due to the presence of insuation material at the particular stage of the process where it is coupled to the rest of the pipework.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Rather due to bang out as many as possible and as quickly as possible.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

"Rod Speed" wrote in news:cd6prfFsuckU1 @mid.individual.net:

No -- it was the refrigerant that was making the noise.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That's a new one on me. But I've never punished myself by buying a frost free.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

"Mr Pounder" wrote in news:m4l8np$b9e$1 @dont-email.me:

Of course - How else could we afford to buy such things.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

"Rod Speed" wrote in news:cd74dtF1btdU1 @mid.individual.net:

Mine is a Larder type of fridge where the back of the compartment is the cold plate. As the area is not below freezing point, it naturally gets condensation on it after the thermostat couts out. This runs into a channel where it then drips onto a container on top of the motor where it evaporated. It is not uusual. It is not a source of the noise I was getting. The noise was the refrirgerant ciculating.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Refrigerant-induced noises, which occur irregularly at special thermodynamic cycle conditions, are frequently cited by residential customers who use refrigerators. However, these noises are very difficult to resolve and their root causes cannot usually be exactly identified. In this research, the root causes of the irregular refrigerant-induced noise are estimated through the theories of two-phase flow and bubble dynamics. Also, by using refrigerant-supplying equipment that can continuously supply refrigerant to the test unit at typical cycle conditions, the flow patterns of the evaporator in vertical and horizontal pipes are inspected and their noises are simultaneously measured. Through the observation of the relationship between the flow pattern and the refrigerant-induced noise, the root causes of this irregular refrigerant noise can be identified and verified.

Reply to
DerbyBorn