Fridge failure

My 12 year old Samsung American style fridge freezer has died.

I found it had blown the fuse, so I replaced it but that just failed, so I disconnected the compressor motor. I tried a 3rd fuse which kept working, so to prove the point I reconnected the compressor motor. Now when I switch on, the fuse does not blow, but the compressor does not run. As far as I can work out there is power going to the motor and the motor circuit is not open circuit.

It is a bit of a pity, because apart from not working the fridge is in quite good condition. Changing the compressor is not an easy job, I doubt that repair is economic.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Assuming there is a capacitor on the compressor might that have failed?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Mawson

I wouldn't assume that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Ring around and ask for quotes. Probably round about ?250 *if* you can get anybody interested in doing it. It may have just died due to age, it may have died due to leakage of refrigerant. But, be aware that there are other things that can go wrong if you have the job done.

12 years is not too bad. Bite the bullet.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire