Fridge door not shutting like wot it used to...

Hi all, a pretty slight query...

the [fridge] door on our upright fridge/freezer has started playing up. According to STWTINF, and according to observation I agree, you can no longer gently 'slam' it and wait for the 'closed' noise as you walk away; it has started re-opening an inch or so after closing.

I've taken a look and can't see anything that has changed. The seals look OK, and there is nothing blocking the closing. The hinges seem smooth enough. AFAIK there has been no change in the way the fridge sits; no-one has tweaked the levelling screws etc.

I've tilted the unit back a little bit by adjusting the levelling screws, but I'm curious what might have caused the change. Loss of magnet power? anyo ther thoughts on what might be involved?

Thanks J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

Some of them have hinge adjustment - that might have shifted.

Reply to
Bob Eager

hmm, I was going to ask "she that wants to invest in new fridge", but that would be two i's :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

in every case ice build up where you least expect it.

defrost the thing and then see whats wrong, if anything.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We had a big upright fridge in one of our cafes, which just lost the magnetism in its door seals. We actually found that replacement seals were available, but then we sold the business, so did not pursue it further.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"she that wants to instigate new fridge"?

Reply to
Tinkerer