Fridge cleaning.

I take all the frozen food out of the freezer. Pile it together into a square and then place one or two large bath towels over the top to insulate in some of the cold and stop it defrosting.

A few minutes with the steam cleaner and the ice is all gone and the freezer is clean.

The food doesn't defrost in the short time it is out of the freezer.

Graham

Reply to
graham

It doesn't defrost during the short time I am scraping down the freezer either:))

Reply to
Ophelia

| I take all the frozen food out of the freezer. Pile it together into a | square and then place one or two large bath towels over the top to | insulate in some of the cold and stop it defrosting.

We use several sleeping bags, or spare blankets will do. That way we can keep the food frozen for 24 hrs no problem, so there is no need for a steam cleaner, let the ice melt naturally.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I would be surprised if the food was still properly frozen after 24 hours.

What about cleaning the freezer?

Graham

Reply to
graham

| On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:54:29 +0000, Dave Fawthrop | wrote: |=20 |=20 | >We use several sleeping bags, or spare blankets will do. | >That way we can keep the food frozen for 24 hrs no problem, so there | >is no need for a steam cleaner, let the ice melt naturally. |=20 | I would be surprised if the food was still properly frozen after 24 | hours.

Definitely still frozen after 24 hrs. =20 Mind you we have masses of old sleeping bags.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

In message , snipped-for-privacy@dircon.co.uk writes

I once used a cook's blow-torch to de-frost my freezer. It has a leak in the door-seal and froze up really badly. Took ages but worked a treat. I was fortunate not to burn anything. The fridges/freezers I have nowadays are self-defrosting.

Reply to
June Hughes

A fan heater or hair drier is probably a better solution (as long as you keep them away from the melt water).

Reply to
Rob Morley

My grandfather turned a fridge into something Salvador Dali would have been proud of by doing that, although that was a long time ago.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Following up to June Hughes

blimey, you like your fridge live dangerously, didnt you have a flamethrower, handy? :-)

Reply to
The Reid

I've used a fan heater to defrost when I was in a hurry, but on the low setting and not too close.

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , The Reid writes

It worked quite well but then there was a great deal of ice. Came off in great chunks. I don't have that fridge any more but it didn't suffer in the process and lasted another couple of years after being 'done'.

Reply to
June Hughes

Were there purple dots in the corners?

Oh no, that was Miro....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hmmm....

I didn't think that accountants did *anything* unexpected.

Having said that, they are not as bad as actuaries. These are people who found accountancy too exciting.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

Some accountants are boring. Especially some of the men. If you are a real accountant, it is anything but.

Reply to
June Hughes

I see. Turf accountant? :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

I like that series of images. The pen is mightier than the sword and, when wielded by an expert, Excel can blow the swordsman away :-)

Mind you, "You've gotta AUDIT those Commie " doesn't have quite the right ring for most people.

regards sarah

Reply to
sarah

Following up to Chris Bacon

Do what ive done, buy a new fridge :-) Replacing the Indesit fridge/freezer 35 years old, never a fault except the enamels worn off.

Reply to
The Reid

My fridge is almost new, and I'd rather clean it than throw it away!

Reply to
Chris Bacon