Freud router v's Wickes

I read here previously that Wickes' own routers are Freud repackaged and rebranded.
Could some wise person confirm or deny this?
If it is repackaged then I'm to Wickes for a 'freud'
MattP wrote:

Their big 2Kw one certainly looks exactly like the Freud FT2000E. Same shape, design, distinctive height adjuster & concertina style plastic shrouds on the "legs" etc. I had a play with one in the local Wicks a while ago - felt just like the real thing - solid plunge lock, and absolutely no play or lateral movement of the body even with the plunge lock off.
Only difference I could see was its grey and not black, and used to cost more than the Freud (from Screwfix). If it can now be had for 120 then it sounds like a bargain.
--
Cheers,

John.

The instructionsone for the one that looks like this (but different coloured) say it's made by Casals (who make Freud). But it was back up to 150 today.
http://tinyurl.com/3xa5z
The one that looks like this is Kress:
http://tinyurl.com/2rrko
The one that looks like the Erbauer (different colours, different voltage) is aparently from the Ningbo Zhongqiang Electric Tools Co :
http://tinyurl.com/2khtw
Dunno about the new 1020W model that's just appeared.
HTH.
Voltage? Wattage.
mike wrote:

What the big 2kw one?
2kw @ 240V (Wicks may do the 110V - not sure - you can certainly get a 110V Freud from Screwfix (I know because they sent me one by mistake when I ordered the 240V ;-))
--
Cheers,

John.

So it sounds like it is a Freud with a Wickes badge, which must be a good deal then? Right?

MattP wrote:

Well it is a nice router, and I still feel like I got a good enough deal when I paid 165 for it from Screwfix - especially when you consider that many of the equivalent quality 1/2" routers are 100 more expensive than that.
--
Cheers,

John.

No, sorry. I was just correcting my earlier post where I meant meant wattage but typed voltage!
Went to Wickes and there are no more 2,000W routers anymore (boo!), only the 1600W at 40.
Damn it!

I concur - couldn't find one myself. Apparently a new range is being launched 'in a couple of weeks' - probably no bargains but I will be interested to see what they are like.
Rod