French bathroom fittings - will they fit here?

Lord Hall, you have only been to Clacton.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I worked in Paris off and on for several years in the 80's. Woe betide he who stood in the entrance lobby at 5pm, since they would be knocked flat and crushed to death by the flood of departing workers. At 5:05pm, the only people in the office were the Brit ex-pats.

Of course, in those days, I was naive enough to think this was a *bad* thing.

That'll be why Parisians are so rude, will it?

Do they still allow the clochards to sleep in the Metro in the winter? Stepping over piles of reeking humanity was always a delightful end to an evening out in Paris.

Reply to
Huge

What you've got to remember, Huge, is that all dribble's 'experiences' come from a computer. And they aren't too good at smells.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sorry, yes. I forgot. I *really* must remember not to treat dribble as a real person.

Reply to
Huge

They do, and I also get pissed off with the French fare dodgers who "tailgate" people with a ticket through the barriers. Just like I get pissed off by the freeloaders on the Tube who demand, not ask, demand, to take Travelcards off people leaving a tube station late at night.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It's worth keeping an eye on pikey shops. I bought several mixer taps from Aldi, both bathroom and kitchen varieties, they are identical to the taps sold at Ikea and other outlets, but they cost £10 apiece instead of £40-60.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A couple of years ago when I was walking around the basement of BHV (Bazar de l'Hôtel de Ville) in Paris (definately not to be missed by any visiting uk.d-i-y readers when in Paris), the thermostatic shower mixers were all under half the price of their identical UK counterparts.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

French bathroom fittings ... hmm ...

Take a look at the link from the 'Dead Birds' page on this site:

French fittings just aren't up to the job ... ?

Reply to
Cenfus

French bathroom fittings? ... hmm ...

They may not be up to the job. Are they designed and intended to be used every day, or are they primarily ornamental?

See the link at about half-way down the 'Dead Birds' page of this site:

Cenfus

Yes, you are naive.

No more than a Londoner, and least they are rude in style and colour coordination.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Forget the shed prices. Shop around and you'll find much cheaper prices in the UK as well. Also a lot of Ebay sellers doing taps etc.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Huge can't remember. I bet you can't remember this after 30 seconds either.

** snip senile drivel **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I thought so, the anti-social type. Everyone gives the travel away, it is the done thing. Typical of self centred Shit kickers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

It was, but it worked after a fashion. Problem was, his missus chose the tapset and it had to be fitted. As you can imagine, when it was first used, the cold mains went off up the hot pipe. :)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Aldi are not what I would think of as a "pikey shop".

Or do they also do cheap tarmacing because of "cancelled contract"?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Put a non-return valve on the hot supply first and see what happens. If no hot then put a pressure reducer as well.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Really? The place is usually packed with them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

They would be in your Pickie Park.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

It's working fine now; if it gives any trouble I'll bung in a n/r valve. Fortunately the PR valve was able to adjust low enough to match the tank pressure.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon