French bathroom fittings

I have read that folks are going to France to buy bathroom fittings and furniture. Could anyone advise me on the feasability of this i.e. if I purchased a shower enclosure in France would UK waste pipe fittings marry up with the shower tray?

Reply to
stevep

I don't know about French waste diameters. However, I would buy the trap there also. Then marine silicone and bandages are your friend! (Assuming they don't fit perfectly in the first place).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I have a piece of plastic waste pipe which I bought in France some years ago for another purpose. It is not compatible with the commonly available UK traps and pipe fittings.

Michael Chare

Reply to
Michael Chare

Yep, that's what the silicone's for!

It's probably as well to buy a short length of french pipework. Then a little ingenuity (and a tube of silicone) should get a home made converter.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle