Freezer thermometer recommendation (digital) (wireless?) (UK)

I'm looking for a digital freezer thermometer for a domestic freezer. It would seem the majority are hard-wired at present, although there is a suggestion of some wirless models in the not too distant future.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

There seem to be quite a few models around, but no objective information on the range. They mainly seem to have the display on the outside (attached with the equievalent of a fridge magnet) and the sensor inside attached by a cable which goes through the door (and apparently the door seal just shuts right on top)

Google groups didn't throw up a great deal, although there was a posting about an RF model in this ng in about 2004. I found a couple of reasonable pages with some digital models viz

want to avoid the scenario where to find the thermometer you have to open the freezer door and hunt around for the thermometer, thereby letting lots of warm air in and affecting the temperature reading.

The majority of digital models seem to run on batteries, which would be fine, but a mains powered version would be just as good.

TIA

Allan

Reply to
Allan Gould

|I'm looking for a digital freezer thermometer for a domestic freezer. It |would seem the majority are hard-wired at present, although there is a |suggestion of some wirless models in the not too distant future. | |Does anyone have any recommendations? | |There seem to be quite a few models around, but no objective information |on the range. They mainly seem to have the display on the outside |(attached with the equievalent of a fridge magnet) and the sensor inside |attached by a cable which goes through the door (and apparently the door |seal just shuts right on top) | |Google groups didn't throw up a great deal, although there was a posting |about an RF model in this ng in about 2004. |I found a couple of reasonable pages with some digital models viz |

||I want to avoid the scenario where to find the thermometer you have to |open the freezer door and hunt around for the thermometer, thereby |letting lots of warm air in and affecting the temperature reading. | |The majority of digital models seem to run on batteries, which would be |fine, but a mains powered version would be just as good.

I find the digital ones with probe very suitable as you only need to use it occasionally, just drop the probe in through the magnetic seal on the door. I have one in a freezer ATM. As this is uk.d-i-y these are suitable for a multitude of uses.

other suppliers for this type.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

> I want to avoid the scenario where to find the thermometer you have to

I am wondering what kind of a battery would perform well enough at -18 deg c to power the sensor.

Reply to
Graham

I get the impression the battery is in the display unit which is on the outside of the freezer - or am I missing something?

Reply to
Allan Gould

The OP suggests wireless ones are available.

Reply to
Graham