Freezer Repair

Hi I have a zanussi freezer we have just emptied and discovered a small puncture hole in the foil base. Is there any thing suitable to seal this which can handle the low temps?

Reply to
rog

Car body filler.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

rog used his keyboard to write :

If the foil just covers the insulation, then its purpose is just to prevent moisture being absorbed, condensing and freezing in the insulation. Almost any tough sticky tape will fit the bill.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Gaffer tape.

Reply to
Steve Walker

The adhesive foil tape used for joining vapour barriers / plasterboard etc would seem like a good choice.

Reply to
John Rumm

Is this on the inside or outside? Outside doesn't have low temps.

If you've moved or tipped the freezer, leave it standing still for

24 hours before switching on.

If you've tipped the freezer significantly off vertical, this can easily wreck it when you next switch-on, and even 24 hours or more standing won't save it. Hotpoint did advise me of a routine to try to reduce chance of wrecking a freezer which has been tipped onto its side, but there are no guarantees it will be recoverable at all.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Surely this must be a cop out by Hotpoint

How else would one get a tall upright freezer up a flight of stairs, or a long chest freezer for that matter?

Regards

Reply to
TMC

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Thanks for the advice. regards Rog

Reply to
rog

Most freezer manufactureres recommend leaving a new freezer/ fridge standing for 24 hours after delivery before switching on, not just hotpoint.

Reply to
SS

That, I understand, is so that the lubrication oil can drain back down into the compressor.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield