freezer not getting cold enough

I have a scandinova upright freezer about 5 years old. Red warning light flashing intermittent with normal green run light and failing to reach normal run temperature - it's not getting below -5. The compressor and air circulation fans are running OK. I have an engineer coming to look at it on monday but at the contents might be ruined by then. any suggestions please?

Reply to
peter

Eat the contents

Reply to
Slider

Stop opening the door to keep it as cold as possible :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

If the compressor's running continuously then its loss of refrigerant due to a leak, or less likely saturated insulation. More:

meow2222

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org...

Too late now, a street barbecue sounds in order. There is no way it will last till Monday if its bust on Friday.

Reply to
dennis

Trust you managed to deal with/eat all the food that was defrosting. I have one that is only 3 1/2 years old that has just developed a similar fault with the lights flashing etc. but it's NOT freezing, so am interested to know what was the outcome of the Engineer's visit. What was the problem? ?

url:

Reg Ellis

had to reinstall windows / newsreader etc), however, check my thread, "Hotpoint Freezer - temperamental temperatures" (14/09/08) on uk.d-i-y for similar sounding problem.

Reply to
Mike Dodd