Freeview digibox sound query

I guess there's no way round this, as my Freeview box has no RCA sound outputs; If I use the RCA sockets on TV its showing on the sound isnt in sync; I believe the sound is the undigitised so slightly ahead of Freewview output.

Reply to
Gel

Does it have SCART outputs? You may be able to get a connector to break the SCART stereo out to RCA plugs.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Are you trying to get the freeview audio into an a/v or hifi amp for playback?

Assuming your f/v box has scart outputs, get a scart lead with the audio out on separate phono's then go thru a two way box to send sound into your a/v amp and/or the TV. Unless youre handy with a soldering iron you might need to get your local shop or one of the custom cable companies to make up what you need.

Which freeview box do you have? Does it have an optical or coax digital audio out? If your a/v amp has a digital audio input then use that it'd be much better.

HTH

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

Well, if you're feeding the Freeview box via a SCART to your TV the sound from it will be fed as well, so the phonos on your TV should give you that feed too. But you might have to look at its menu to make sure it's feeding out what you want.

However, if you're critical, sync off Freeview is often poor - with the sound leading the picture. And it varies throughout a prog, and from channel to channel. One prog I watched yesterday had the sound about 5 frames early. Late is slightly more acceptable since this happens in nature. Early is impossible, since light travels faster than sound.

Add in something like a plasma TV which delays the picture anyway and the results are rubbish. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks all; yes it has 2 scarts, and one RS232 socket, which I assume is if you want to output to a PC?

Reply to
barclayhomes

Suspect that's for flashing the firmware.

Reply to
Rob Morley

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:33:18 -0000, Rob Morley strung together this:

Yep, nothing to do with interfacing to a PC for any day to day usage.

Reply to
Lurch