Freeview Autotune

Why when I do an Autotune on my freeview TV does it scatter the regular channels across the range?
In other words, it puts BBC1 one channel 1, then BBC2 on channel 2. But then ITV ends up on channel 829!
I'm only using this cos the dish can't handle heavy rain.
Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Because you're picking up more than one transmitter. Auto-tune is very undiscriminating. Better to do a manual tune on just the channels you need. Look at the digitaluk website to determine what these are for you.
Tim
--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Some TVs also allow you to sort channels by region.
--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

On 25/08/2016 22:35, TheChief wrote:

What did it put in channel 3 then? STV, UTV or WTV
On most sets you can set up sorted favourites but they may or may not persist across full retunes.
Usually this sort of thing happens when a weaker signal at a lower frequency gets found by a freeview tuner as it scans TDTV. Unplugging the aerial until it gets past the unwanted transmitter is a fix.
Manchester has this problem in spades since digital D-day when aerials pointed at Winterhill have a Welsh transmitter in a sidelobe. The latter being found first and usurping ITV and Channel4 with the Wlesh versions most times it is retuned. I disabled retune reminders on my parents set because it caused so much trouble. No Countdown = disaster!

Dish implies Freesat which is different again - a better dish or LNB might be a better solution. You should have a very large number of regional versions of every programme.
Older Panasonic sets will not decode ITV HD correctly any more.
Regards, Martin Brown
Yes it sounds to me like the main fix here is to improve the freesat installation first and this will mean less use of Freeview is needed.
On my freeview box if you unplug the aerial before you tdo a retune it spots this and askeds if you want to do a restart from factory defaults, ie all existing stations are removed. Then when you plug the aerial back in it normally puts the right stuff in the right place assuming no lift conditions on the day you do it of course. Brian
--
----- -
Tim+ presented the following explanation :

All of my TV's receive more than one transmitter, from two regions, but all of them manage to work out which is the stronger signal and put those in the correct numbering order. I note that some TV's offer an option to autonumber whilst tuning, maybe that is the cause of the OP's problem?

My Panny offers sorting by region. Which allows you to only have the channels from your transmitter of choice. I use my satellite receiver on the odd occasion I want out of region stuff.
--
*Two wrongs are only the beginning *

Well it is probably due to you getting signals from more than one transmitter and the whole thing is totally confused. Mind you they change the system so often its hard to keep up with what is a fault and what is a feature! Brian
--
----- -