Freestanding bath taps

This is a funny one...

I've recently bought myself a freestanding bath with no tap holes alon with the waste kit etc etc. The plumber's merchant supplied me wit telescopic shrouds.

With a bit of internet searching it turns out that these are used fo baths WITH tap holes. The ones I wanted should've been 1 piece an water (rather than a copper pipe) travels through them?

The merchant was fine about it and said he'd swap. However, I've jus spoken to my plumber who said that they did swap them, but the one that came weren't telescopic and so he couldn't attach the taps to the after attaching them under the floor? SO he sent them back for som telescopic ones!!

Basically, I'm just after any experience on this, bearing in mind I'v never seen the 1-piece ones in real life.

Are they difficult to use? Do standard (Bristan) taps fit on withou effort? I presume that I'd need the standpipes, rather than th shrouds for rigidity (again presuming that standpipes are more sturd than shrouds round copper)? Do they need to be connected to the wate supply underneath the floor and if so can the taps go on the to afterwards?

If anyone knows anything about this sort of thing I'd appreciate it.

Just in case, the bath is Marlborough by Victoria & Albert and th pipes were allegedly from the same supplier, although it appeared tha they were part of a fairly standard kit I've seen for sale all over th place. The following link contains the kit I got (top left) and th pipes I've been talking about (top middle):-

for any help A

-- Fuoleum

Reply to
Fuoleum