Free TRVs

I recently changed all my TRVs because one was leaking, and the design is no longer available. They were the type that Homebase sold - they have a *male* bush which makes the compression fitting to the pipe rather than the usual female nut.
Some were much newer than others, had no leaks and were working perfectly. All the heads were fine too. So there are five perfect ones and 10 heads. Rather than throw them out, anyone can have them for free - either collect or pay the postage - probably about 3 quid for second class parcel post.
However, they're only suitable as replacements for existing similar ones as there's no o rings and they are a special design I'm not sure can be bought these days.
--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:58:13 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

No takers on ebay? B-)
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

I did consider it, but couldn't be bothered. I can't give any form of guess as to how long they'd last etc so it's not the sort of thing I'd sell.
I just hate chucking stuff away that could be of use to either myself or anyone else.
--
*Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:56:59 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

Fairy Nuff.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Well, they'll be going down the tip tomorrow with all the rest of the Xmas junk. ;-)
--
*I brake for no apparent reason.

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 12:50:06 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

Here they'd go into the scrap brass box, next to the scrap copper box and scrap ali box...