Fred Dibnah

Trust we all caught the Fred Dibnah Tribute this morning on BBC2

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

No :-( Didn't get the newspaper until 11:10am. Bugger, second time I've missed it.

Reply to
Mark Carver

Interesting shows, but what a self-centred old *** he was, and he never waits to hear the question before saying something. (personal meeting, plus my opinion of him from his shows)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Yeah, but he can't half tell a good story. :-) Used to love to hear his stories over a pie and a pint, or two. The rule was always to "never" get him talking about the tooling he made for his engines, but to get him to talk about his school days.

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Dave Stanton writes

For some amazing reason, it wasn't on Belgian radio, so I missed it

BTW, anyone who wants a cheap and cheerful way to cross the channel,

worth a look - £50 return, and if I'd booked before the end of 2004, I would have got a free trip in 2005 (with a £10 charge to change the dates)

Reply to
raden