framing nailer

I am thinking of geting an air powered framing nailer firing upto

3"nails for some studwork. Can't find any recommendations for the compressor size/power. Can anyone recommend power and capacity required to keep the nail gun going reliably, without it running out of the supply of compressed air?
Reply to
nthng2snet

even a very small compressor will do fine, the only time you would need loads of air available is if you are on a production line. my recommendation for something useful is to get a compressor with a tank (or build your own) virtually any size of compressor will do, but the bigger the better. one of the 70 quid jobs from aldi would be more than adequate for domestic use of a nail gun and would run most air tools, except for continual use of sanders and spray guns, everything else is intermittent use and the compressor can recover the pressure while the tool is stopped.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful