Frame Nailers

I am thinking of buying a new Frame Nailer ...(compressed air) My previous beast was a 21 degree ... and I had great difficulty getting the nails I wanted - so sold it on .... 21 degree has gone out of popularity.

The common type is now 34 degree, these use clip head (half head) nails ..... I know they are extensively used, anybody on here any negative points on clip head nails ?

The nails are galv ring shank so holding power should be very good ... maybe having only half-head is not a problem ?

Comments ?

Reply to
Osprey

Pretty sure that is is what mine uses (nothing special Ferm branded nailer). The nails seem fine and hold well. The clipped head does not seem to diminish that at all.

Reply to
John Rumm

nails I wanted - so sold it on .... 21 degree has gone out of popularity.

know they are extensively used, anybody on here any negative points on clip head nails ?

having only half-head is not a problem ?

Sorry to hijack the post. I've been thinking about building a shed for some time and wondered whether a nailer would help me. I would either hire or buy. As I don't have a compressor, it would be a gas type. I've never seen one of these close-up: are the angles fixed? I always thought you could angle them at whatever angle you want. I'm not sure why I thought that and I suppose a fixed angle would give uniform results. TIA

Reply to
Fred

Very much so - especially when it comes to cladding.

Yup the angle is decided by the sweep of the magazine...

You can - in the sense that you can go from perpendicular down to the magazine angle (you could also go shallower from the side)

You don't normally rest it on the magazine anyway - it just needs to be angled to keep out of your way when skew nailing into corners.

More:

John Rumm