Fox Security Model FSS7500 wireless alarm

Yes I know wireless linked alarms are horrible things at the best of times but a neighbour of mine has one and he has a problem with one of his PIR sensors, it goes through batteries every couple of weeks. I've had a word with Maplin, who sold it in the first place, and they no longer support replacements. So I'm wondering if anyone here knows enough about them to suggest a possible replacement unit that would match the system or maybe even have the odd one lying spare that they would like to pass on. The item number is FWP100

Reply to
Bill

Having used a Fox wireless alarm years ago, I never had this problem. My only guess is that the 'walk test' light has been left on or switched on accidentally. That will kill a battery in a matter of weeks in a high traffic area. ISTR there is a switch or a jumper inside the PIR.

I have a complete system somewhere - Panel, PIRs, window contacts, doorbell etc. The chances of me finding it in a hurry are close to zero sadly :(

Al.

Reply to
Al

In message , Al writes

that may well be the cause, I'll pop around and take a look. Personally I would much prefer a wired system but this guy has had it for years and is happy with it and doesn't want to change

I know the feeling, I have a garage, attic and spare room full of useful bits, just no idea where they are!

Reply to
Bill

replying to Bill, John wrote: Is he using the correct, probably alkaline, batteries?

Reply to
John

replying to John, CHRIS RHYMER wrote: My Fox alarm from Maplins (purchased many years ago) worked up to a week ago and now it seems jammed on the panic alarm . If you leave it switched off it goes to panic after 15 secs and if you set it it goes straight to panic.

Reply to
CHRIS RHYMER

Fascinating. What happens if you run over it in your car?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher