Fox poo

Over the last few days what I think is a fox has left a 'present' for me on the path leading up to the front door. Think it's a young one by the size. I gave the path a good scrub with a strong smelling floor cleaner yesterday - but it was there again this morning. Any tips on discouraging it?

If you walk round here late in the evening, you're likely to see as many foxes as cats. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A shot gun can be quite effective :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Doesn't that just scatter the poo around a lot?

Reply to
AnthonyL

A dog tends to discourage them. Or it may roll in the poo, and bring the smell into the house!

Reply to
newshound

On 23 May 2014, "Dave Plowman (News)" grunted:

Tiger poo, apparently.

Or human urine

Reply to
Lobster

Or a few foxhounds.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Fox poo has pointed ends. Like dogs they mark territory with piddle, often on bits of litter.

I don't have any discouragement suggestions beyond the permanent ones already put forward.

Foxes are regular and will visit at the same time each day. One goes between my barns and triggers the lights at 9.00pm most days.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

A shotgun in Wandsworth? Goodness me!

Reply to
stuart noble

It may well roll in it, but it then will most certainly not be coming back inside the house until it has been well hosed down.

Reply to
GB

Why would you shoot a gun?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Wash the location with biological washing powder - it may take a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work then a commercial repellant but these also repel cats.

Electrified mesh fencing is effective but to catch foxes it has to be low enough to the ground to also catch hedgehogs - who don't run away but curl up, get multiply shocked and then die. :-(

You could also try deterrent feeding - a nice juicy chicken breast filled with tabasco.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It's normally an AK-47 round there, I goove

Reply to
John Williamson

How else would one keep the Balhamites at bay?

Reply to
Paul Herber

Not too sure about that in Balham. I rather like my postman. Be ok for the Jehovah Witnesses, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's just come up on Gardener's Question time on R4. They reckon on chilli powder. Or lemon peel.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is a sawn-off still OK on foxes?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Balamites? Didn't god smite them?

Reply to
Tim Watts

For Jehovah Witnesses?

Reply to
Bill

In order that the shot comes out of the barrel, otherwise it remains a loaded, but as yet not discharged, gun :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Renardine, which is a foul smelling liquid that you hang rags soaked in it around the area you want to protect. Don't get it on your hands.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan