Fourteen stairlifts replace lift at Paisley tower block

They would at the blocks I'm thinking of. You'd get as far as reception and then have to wait while they telephoned the flat to find out if the residents were expecting you.

The problem is that councils don't give a bugger about how their services are run.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No they'd just let you in at this one and you could go straight to the lifts. As it happened the intercom was broken, but they still did it after it was fixed.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Kind of the point. The better places have security bods who give a toss, the others will do as you describe.

Reply to
Clive George

Won't work in many towers here - they have door handles to let you in to the fire stairs but no handles on the stair side except at ground level. My key tab will only let me take the lift to the floor where I live. When I press the button to let a visitor in, it allows lift access to my floor for two minutes.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Err, I assumed that the lifts were unavailable. harry is killfiled here so I never saw the original posting.

Reply to
Huge

So there's no way that a resident on floor 8 can go and visit a friend on floor 7 then?

tim

Reply to
tim....

Yes, they go down to the foyer, out the front door and type 7xx on the key pad. Friend presses the lift release button and they come back up.

Alternatively they phone up friend, friend presses lift release button and they can go directly to their floor.

Going back to your own floor is no problem of course.

The plus is that someone who tails you when you come into the building can get to one floor but does not have the run of the building

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I worked that one out for myself. I thought it too much of a faff to consider a solution :-(

tim

Reply to
tim....