Foundations for conservatory

As money is short at the moment, and we want a conservatory Is it okay to put the foundations in. Then next year build the rest. Do they need some sort of protection when they are in.

gaz

Reply to
Garry

I don't see a problem with that - other than the fact that you might have changed your mind about the size and/or construction of the conservatory by the time you come to build it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Should not be a problem. If you can afford it, I suggest you pour the concrete and do the block/brick up to ground level or a bit above - say DPC level. This will save dirt/leaves etc going into the trench as there will need cleaning off before you can lay the blocks

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I found this quite a useful site for information and construction hints and materials, when I was doing mine a few years back

Arfa Daily